These chicken and avocado roll-ups are a great way to pack some nutritious avocado into your diet. These chicken avocado salad roll-ups are one of those guaranteed hits that you can make in 15 minutes for any occasion. All you need are some simple ingredients and tortillas to make it happen. Mixing the ingredients in a bowl, spreading onto a tortilla and rolling it up tight. If you have leftover chicken from a feast, this is the perfect way to use it up.
It all starts with grilled chicken breasts. You can spice the chicken breasts with lots of taco seasoning and grill on the stove-top until charred. To make the best possible wraps, you will need perfectly ripe avocados. After you’ve found the perfect avocado, cut it up and combine it with diced cooked chicken, sour cream, cheese, tomato, cilantro, lime, and salt plus pepper.
Spread on a soft tortilla and roll up then cut into wheels. Alternatively, you can wrap the tortillas into a burrito and pan sear in a teaspoon of oil for a crispy crust. Enjoy these roll-ups warm or cold.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast diced or shredded
- 1 avocado. pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese or choice
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons sour-cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 10 ” flour tortillas or 3 medium tortillas
- You can use 6 (8 inch) tortillas.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for Chicken Avocado salad. Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread the mixture over tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining salad.
- Slice with a serrated knife into ½ inch slices.
- You can slice them immediately or refrigerate until firm for about 30 mins. It’s easier to slice when chilled.