If you love avocados, then you have to try this avocado egg salad. It’s really easy and combines two of my favorite things; eggs and avocados. You are going to need hard-boiled eggs, so bring the eggs and water to a boil on a stove. Once it gets to the boil, cover the saucepan with a lid and slide the pot off the stove. Once cooked, cool the eggs by submerging them in cold water. For the egg salad, scoop the flash of an avocado into a bowl then add a little mayonnaise and lemon juice. If you are looking for a mayo-free version, simply leave out the mayo, which just makes the egg salad a little more creamy or swap the mayo for Greek Yoghurt.
Add some finely chopped celery and to freshen the salad up, even more, add some fresh herbs. Chives are nice options but parsley or basil would both be delicious. Peel and chop the eggs from the earlier boil. Before chopping, rinse under cold water to remove any leftover bits of the shell. Chop the eggs into small pieces then in go the eggs into the bowl with the avocados. AQdd a pinch of salt and some pepper. Stir everything until well mixed and at this point try tasting for seasoning and add more as desired. You may need to add a little more lemon then serve.
Serve your egg salad by piling them onto a sliced bead but you can also enjoy them however you like. A spoonful on top of salad would be nice.!
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-length celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, celery, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.