Guacamole seems like the easiest dish in the world but achieving perfect guacamole requires some rules to be observed. Guacamole is a salad originally from Mexico. All you need is avocados, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, garlic, and salt. The first step is when buying an avocado, ensure that the stem is still attched because if the stem has alraedy been removed, its more likely that the avocado will have brown spots on the inside.
So we will start with three avocados, use al large knife to slice them in half and remove the pit. hen use a karge spoon to scoop oit the flesh into a bowl Finely dice about half of an onion, put them into a small bowl and cover with warm water to reduce the raw flavor of the onion, set aside. When making guacamole, you need to use a ripe avocado.
Pour the measured lime into the avocado then start mashing the avocado with a fork. On a chopping board, cut a tomato in half then scoop the seeds out of the tomato. Cut the remaining tomato into cubes. If you are using cilantro, finely cut it into small pieces and them into the bowl, next add cumin and salt. Stir everything together for a minute and your guacamole is ready. You can refrigerate it or serve immediately with potato chips.!
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large Plum or Roma tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Add diced onion to a small bowl then cover with warm water, set aside. This “de-flames” the onions, making them less intense.
- Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl.
- Add lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, de-flamed onions, salt, and diced peppers.
- Taste the guacamole and adjust with additional salt, peppers, or lime juice.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap by pushing the plastic wrap down onto the guacamole and refrigerate up to one day.