This avocado salad that is packed with nutritious veggies is super healthy packed with flavor and a delicious way to enjoy your vegetables. You only need a few ingredients for this recipe and its super easy to make. You want to make sure that your avocados are riped but not too soft that way they can hold their shape, also have some cherry tomatoes, they are great for salads because of their sweet flavors, one or two hard boiled eggs that are cut into quarters, a cucumber and you can also add some sill because it helps reduce cholesterol and it has so many health benefits. Grab your knife and start hopping, first chop the cucumber into sizable cubes then transfer them to a big mixing bowl then start cutting the cherry tomatoes.
You can leave the tomatoes whole if you prefer but you can still cut them into halves them toss them into the mixing bowl. Next, cut half of your red onions, making sure to cut them into thin slices because you don’t want to bite a huge chunk of onion, toss them into the bowl. Use your knife to slice through the avocados lengthwise then twist it open, grab the pit with your knife then pull it out. Remove the avocado skin the begin to cut them up then add them to your bowl. You can also add the juice of a whole lemon, squeeze that in. Then cut to the dill and toss that right in. Bring your hard-boiled eggs and cut them in quarters then add to the bowl.
For additional flavors, you can drizzle some olive oil all over the salads then season that with salt and pepper. Go ahead and toss everything together then let that sit in the fridge and marinate for 30 minutes to get the flavourful then it is ready to be enjoyed. This salad is so good you can enjoy on its own or serve with some grilled chicken.
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 pound red cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 or 2 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 spring onion, sliced
For the lemon vinaigrette dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl: avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, eggs, Jalapeño, spring onion, and cilantro.
- In a glass jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake vigorously.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Adjust seasoning of the avocado egg salad with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Set in the fridge then serve after 30 minutes.