To start, we are going to remove the outer cover of cabbage then cut it into half. Remove the middle part of the cabbage which is usually the harder part then chop it and put it into a food processor but if you do not have a food processor, you can just chop it by hand though it will take more time. Let it chop into the food processor until finely chopped then put it back into a bowl.
Put the other half of the cabbage into the processor and add carrots then let it chop for a few. Mix both the chopped cabbage. In a different bowl, put mayonnaise then add sugar, a teaspoon of salt, black pepper. A half cup of whole milk, then add buttermilk, finely chopped minced onions, vinegar, and lemon juice.
Mix together until sugar is dissolved and everything is incorporated. After all is mixed up, pour the mixed dressing into a mixture of cabbage and carrot and mix up until it is well combined. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight and this will lead the moisture out of the cabbage and leave it creamy.
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Finely Grated
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk Well Shaken
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Cups or 1-16 Ounce Bag Coleslaw Cabbage, Finely Diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrot Shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 9 ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Add cabbage and carrot and mix until evenly coated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 4 hours minimum or overnight. Stir well before serving.