This is a no-frills recipe that is packed with an irresistible flavour and guarantee a full indulgence of your taste buds. This recipe is for 4 cakes if you want to make to or one cake, just reduce the amount of the ingredients accordingly. Cut a block of butter into small pieces and add the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer together with caster sugar then cream them until very light, creamy and should look like slightly softened ice cream.
Add the eggs one by one only after the butter-sugar mixture is well creamed and mix the egg in after each addition. Add the orange juice and continue mixing it until homogenous. In another bowl, add the salt, baking powder and flour and mix them then add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Mix on low speed until all the flour has incorporated with the butter then add in the orange zest and finish of by folding everything with a spatula. Butter and line the bottom of a baking tray then divide teh batter into the baking cake tins then tap the pan on a work surface to remove any bubbles in the batter.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 60 minutes, once bakes, remove the cake from teh oven and let it rest for ten minutes then invert the cake on a wire rack and serve.
- Butter 300 grams, unsalted
- 240 grams castor sugar
- 6 eggs
- 300 grams plain flour
- 3 grams salt
- 6 grams baking powder
- 95 ml of orange juice
- orange zest, from 1 orange
- Zest the orange and finely chop the orange zest and juice the orange juice then set aside.
- Cut the unsalted butter into large pieces and place in the bowl, of a stand mixer and add sugar then start creaming the butter and sugar at high speed until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Add the eggs and orange juice and continue mixing until homogenous.
- Change the mixing speed to low then add the salt, baking powder and flour. Mix for one minute then add the orange zest
- Scrape down the flour from the side of the mixing bowl, continue mixing until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tins and smoothen the batter with a spatula then tap the cake on the working surface to remove any bubbles, if any.
- Bake at 175°C/350°F preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven then invert the cake on a cake board, give the cake a gentle push, and it will fall out from the cake tin together with the base.
- Let the cake cool then serve.