Coconut bread is a quick sweet bread like banana or zucchini bread and is made in under an hour which is great to prepare for breakfast. In a bowl, add coconut milk then to that add active dry yeast and mix them in, the coconut milk already has sugar in it so you are not going to add sugar to this recipe. Once the yeast is well dissolved in, add 1/4 cup of condensed milk, one egg, and mix them in until the wet ingredients are well combined.
In another bowl, add 3 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup sugar and mix them m really well then make a well at the center of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients and start to incorporate that until it forms a ball up to this point, the dough should be formed but you will not have kneaded it yet. Let it sit for 20 minutes then start kneading the dough by hand.
Turn and knead the dough for three minutes and the dough will be soft and not sticky then spread the dough and add in three tablespoons of butter and you want to continue kneading the dough until the butter is incorporated in the dough. At this point, you want to knead this dough until its completely smooth, this should take about ten minutes. Lightly oil a bowl and place the dough then cover it with a plastic wrap and let it proof for about an hour until it doubled in size.
Degas the dough once proofed then light knead it for about three minutes then divide the dough depending on how you want the bread to be, the pieces can be small or big. Lightly butter your baking or bread pan and line the pieces of bread dough in any shape or sizes that you want then let then rise again for about 30 minutes and then brush the top with coconut milk for a nice brown soft crust then bake them at 335 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 (77 ml) Condensed Milk
- 3 Cups (360 grams) Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- In the first bowl, you will mix the dry ingredients then mix the wet ingredients in the second bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients and start to incorporate the mixture into a dough.
- Once the dough is formed, let it sit for a few minutes then place it onto a work surface and knead the dough for 3 mins then spread the dough and add 3 Tbsp. of butter
- Knead the butter in the dough until smooth then place the dough into a greased bowl and let it rise for about an hour to an hour and a half until it doubles in size.
- Place ethe dough onto your work surface then divide it into equal pieces and cover wioth a plastic wrap to rest form an additional 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the buns with coconut milk then bake in a preheated oven on 335 degrees for 30 mins.