Poached eggs are incredibly tasty in salads or on toast. If you always order poached eggs for brunch but think they’re too tricky to make yourself, think again. Perfect poached eggs are easier to make than you think. poaching is one of the best cooking methods for creating healthy eggs.
To start with, bring a large pot of water to a boil, then reduce to low heat then crack the egg in a fine mesh sieve and remove the liquid whites. Transfer the egg to a small bowl. Add one tablespoon of light-colored vinegar to the pot and stir.
Pour the ramekin with the egg into the middle of the vortex and set a timer for 3 minutes. Once the egg is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the poached egg. Dab with a paper towel to remove excess water and eat immediately.
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and vinegar to taste
- Fill a saucepan with several inches of water. Heat the water on high until it reaches a boil and then lower the heat until the water is at a bare simmer.
- Working with the eggs one at a time, crack the egg into a small bowl or cup. Place the bowl close to the surface of the hot water and gently slip the egg into the water.
- Add all of the eggs you are poaching to the pan, in the same way, keeping some distance between them.
- Turn off heat, cover pan, set timer for 4 minutes: Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 4 minutes (or count out loud to 60, four times).
- At this point, the egg whites should be completely cooked, while the egg yolks are still runny.
- Gently lift the poached eggs out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate to serve.