This chocolate cake is made for chocolate lovers. It is made with dark chocolate which gives this cake a darker chocolate colour that you are going to enjoy. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add 100 grams of dark chocolate and unsalted butter then microwave that for 60 seconds while stirring the mixture every 15 seconds so the chocolate does not burn when melting.
Once the chocolate and butter are melted and well mixed, add cocoa powder, milk and whipping cream, mix them well in the chocolate until smooth then set aside. In another bowl, add 2 egg yolks and brown sugar then whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they are dissolved. Whip 2 egg whites until they start for foam then add 50 grams of sugar gradually while beating the meringue until they reach a stiff peak, set that aside.
Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolk mixture and fold them in then add a third of the meringue to the mixture and fold them in slowly. Add another batch of the meringue and fold it in then sift in cake flour then fold it in until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
Pour the batter in a greased and parchment-lined loaf pan then level the top and bake the cake in a preheated 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160C) for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 280 Fahrenheit(140C) and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Once baked, let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing it onto a wire rack. Dust the cake with powdered sugar and curls of dark chocolate then slice and serve.
- 100g/ 3.5Oz Dark chocolate
- 85g/ 3Oz Unsalted butter
- 5g Cocoa powder
- 30ml Milk
- 12g Whipping cream
- 2 Egg yolks
- 20g Brown sugar
- 50g/ 1.8Oz Cake flour
- a pinch of Salt
- Meringue (2 egg whites + 50g sugar)
- Melt dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a microwave for about 60 seconds, then add cocoa powder, milk and fresh cream and mix.
- Add sugar to the egg yolk and mix, then add the chocolate mixture and mix.
- Divide the meringue and fold it in the chocolate mixture then sift the soft flour and salt and mix.
- Put in a mold, flatten, bake 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 160 degrees, then lower to 140 degrees and bake another 25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes then serve.