This is a quick and easy breakfast smoothie, perfect when you are in the rush. This banana oatmeal smoothie offers such a great source of fiber and protein making it a really delicious and healthy way to start your day. This banana oat breakfast smoothie is thick and creamy with such a delicious texture that’s different from your typical smoothie because it’s blended with oats, creamy yogurt and ground flaxseed meal which adds a delicious, nutty flavor to the smoothie. You can, of course, use fresh or frozen bananas, but let me just say that frozen bananas really make this smoothie that much creamier.
The best way to freeze bananas is to first peel them and then cut them in half and double wrap them in plastic wrap. This keeps them nice and fresh without getting freezer burn while sitting in your freezer. Then when you’re ready to make your smoothie, simply throw them right into your blender. If you have a blender, this smoothie will work perfectly. Add in one medium to large banana then one cup of plant-based milk. You can also use almond milk or oatmeal rice milk, the options are endless, also add in a quarter of a cup of instant oats, you can use rolled traditional oats as well because it will be blended up eventually. Because the oatmeal is ground in the blender, you can use any kind of oats you have on hand.
The healthy fat and protein in peanut butter are a big part of what makes this Oatmeal Smoothie so filling. It’s just the touch of richness the smoothie recipe needs to taste satisfying. Maple syrup makes this Oatmeal Smoothie vegan, but you can swap honey if that isn’t a concern.
Add a tablespoon of maple syrup, cinnamon, and peanut butter and blend everything. It typically takes a few minutes and the rich creamy smoothie will be ready.
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- 1 banana — chopped into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the oats in the bottom of a blender and pulse a few times until finely ground.
- Add the banana, milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the blender as needed.
- Taste and add additional sweetener if you’d like a sweeter smoothie. Enjoy immediately.