These buns are easy and delicious and you can prepare them when you want without too much work. To start you will add the sugar to the warm milk and the yeast they stir everything in and leave the mixture for about 10 minutes until the years have activated. You will know that the yeast has activated when you see bubbles formes on top of the mixture. This recipe can be prepared by hand in a large bowl or with the stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Add the flour to the bowl, salt, and butter, your butter should be softened and at room temperature. When using a stand mixer, you will mix the ingredients for about 30 seconds, when preparing by hand, you can use a spoon or form to make sure these ingredients are well combined and this should take about two minutes. Add the condensed milk into the flour mixture and mix that with the flour and while mixing, you will add the activated yeast mixture little by little until it makes a smooth dough. When made by hand, you will transfer the dough onto a work surface once the mixture starts to come together then knead it by hand for around ten minutes until you get a smooth dough.
Achieving a smooth dough is very important for your buns to be very soft so it is important to take your time during this process. Oil ma large bowl then place in the condensed milk bread dough and cover it they let the dough rise until doubles in size, this should take 45 to one hour. Once risen, transfer the dough to your work surface and cut it into equal-sized portions, they can be small or big depending on how you want your buns to be.
The simplest way to roll this dough is to take the cut pieces and roll it between your palm until you get a round ball shape then place it on a baking tray. If your tray is non-stick, you can butter it, and if it’s not then you will need to line out with a parchment paper. Brush the top of the buns with egg wash then bake at 80 degrees Celcius until slightly golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy with butter, jam, or serve it for dinner with a stew of your choice.
- 200ml Warm Milk
- 50g Condensed Milk
- 400g Bread Flour
- 30g Butter
- 1/2 Egg
- 15g yeast
- 35 g Sugar
- 1/2 the Egg for brushing the tops
- Add the flour, butter, and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar and yeast to the warm milk and leave to activate.
- Add egg and condensed milk and mix that with the flour.
- Add yeast little by little while kneading and mix well then knead for about 15 min.
- Put the dough into a greased bowl and leave it in a warm place to prove.
- After proofing, cut the dough to equal size portions and make balls then leave it to prove again for about 45 minutes.
- Brushing the top with egg wash then bake at 180 degrees Celcius for about 20-30 min.