This carrot cake is so good that you will want to eat it even without any frosting. This is a super moist, super flavorful and the best-ever carrot cake you are going to bake. To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180C). Take a large mixing bowl and in it, you are going to combine flour, granulated sugar, dark or light brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. For the spices, you are going to add ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
With your dry ingredients combined in the bowl, use a spoon to combine everything together until your dry ingredients are well combined. To the dry ingredients, add one cup of vegetable oil and half a cup of one stock of melted butter. At this point, the batter is going to be thick, you can use a stand mixer to mix the ingredients or use a spatula to mix it.
Stir the ingredients until they are well combined then you will need your eggs. This recipe uses 4 eggs and you are going to add the eggs one at a time to the batter and mix until each egg is well combined. Once the eggs have been combined in the batter, add one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to give the carrot cake a good flavor, stir that together for about a minute. This recipe uses 3 cups of grated carrots which is about 4 large carrots.
Add the grated carrots into the batter then use a spatula to stir everything together until it’s nicely combined. You will need an 8-inch round baking pan lined with parchment paper and generously grease and flour the sides, that way the carrot cake won’t stick to the pans once it’s finished baking.
Pour the carrot cake batter into the prepared cake pan and place it into the preheated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Once baked, check if the cakes are fully baked by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake and if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, your cake is done.
Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes then remove from the pan and serve. If you want to frost the cake, let it cool completely then slice the cake and frost it. Enjoy.
- 2 1/2 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200g) light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup (235ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick (113g) unsalted butter melted
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (340g) grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare the baking pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper and lightly greasing and flouring the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add oil and melted butter and stir well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition then stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in carrots with a spatula until ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour the carrot cake batter into the baking pan and bake on 350F (175C) for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow carrot cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and invert onto the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake after removing it from the pan. If you are frosting the cake, let it cool down completely before frosting.