Loaded with the goodness of chocolate, strawberry buttercream is a delicious French recipe. This dessert recipe is a great dish for special occasions like birthday, dates or game nights. Try this extremely tasty kids recipe and impress your loved ones with its amazing flavor.
Our Raspberry and Strawberry Silk Buttercream pack an incredible mixed berry flavor due to the addition of an entire 8-ounce cup of fresh homemade berry sauce. The color is completely natural and impeccable without a need to add food coloring.
Fresh raspberries and strawberries are both used for bursting berry flavor and a stunning natural pink color. This special buttercream is made using a unique method and is the perfect American style pink Berry Buttercream It will become your favorite pink Berry Buttercream.
- 8 ounces (227 grams) fresh red raspberries
- 8 ounces (227 grams) hulled fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4½ cups (540 grams) confectioners’ sugar, spooned in the cup, leveled off & Sifted
- 1 cup Raspberry and Strawberry Sauce, heated until thin and very hot
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) pure almond extract
- ½ cup (1 stick/113 gram) salted butter
- ½ cup (1 stick/113 gram) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (192 grams) organic palm shortening
- Prepare the Fresh Raspberry and Strawberry Sauce: Sort, rinse and dry berries before measuring and using in the recipe.
- Using a food processor, purée the berries. Press berry purée through a fine mesh sieve into a medium saucepan; discard the seeds.
- Stir in lemon juice. Bring fruit pulp and juices to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes while skimming foam from sides of saucepan using a slotted spoon.
- Once the foam has been skimmed, continue to cook over medium heat stirring frequently until bright in color, thickened and reduced to 1 cup, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside while sifting the confectioners’ sugar for the buttercream.
- Prepare the Raspberry and Strawberry Silk Buttercream: Using an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, place confectioners’ sugar into the work bowl.
- Reheat Fresh Raspberry and Strawberry Sauce until thin and very hot, stirring frequently over medium heat.
- With a heatproof spatula, transfer hot sauce to heatproof glass liquid 1-cup measuring cup.
- Immediately and very carefully pour and scrape very hot berry sauce, using a heatproof spatula, over confectioners’ sugar in a steady stream with mixer on low speed.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat, scraping down sides of the bowl with rubber spatula, until sugar dissolves completely, the mixture is smooth and cooled to room temperature, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add butter and shortening and beat on low (stir), scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until creamy and almost fully incorporated about 2 minutes.
- Gradually increase mixer speed to medium and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary with the rubber spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Before filling, frosting, icing and piping cakes, repeat buttercream to ensure smoothness.