This strawberry cream cheese bread is incredibly delicious, with a moist crumb that is made delightfully rich with the incorporation of one of my all-time favorite ingredients for the best quick bread. The bread is infused with fresh strawberries to create a flavor combination that is truly out of this world. When cutting the strawberries whether using fresh or frozen, make sure they’re at least quartered, if not chopped. When it comes to baking, adding cream cheese is all about increasing texture and moisture. And for this bread recipe, the end result is a cake=like bread that amplifies the sweet taste of the fruit.
First off, grease and flour your baking tin then preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. Add your all-purpose flour in a large bowl together with baking powder and baking soda then whisk that so they can be well combined. In a small bowl, add your unsalted butter at room temperature, cream cheese, granulated sugar and salt then beat all that together with a hand whisk until everything is fluffy. Add in your eggs, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and continue to combine that then begin adding in your flour mixture.
In between combing the flour and the cream cheese mixture, add in three-quarters cup of buttermilk and continue mixing until the dough begins to form. Add one and a half cups of chopped strawberries and mix all that in. Transfer the batter to your prepared baking tin and bake that for around an hour or until a skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. This strawberry cream cheese bread is fragrant and quite moist, its great for breakfast, tea time or snack.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- With electric mixer cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add in your milk and only stir just to blend.
- Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve.