It is super easy to make. Not much different from your regular pancakes. You can create the best chocolate pancakes in a few minutes. Just like making a cake, start whisking eggs and sugar in a bowl.
Add in milk and oil. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in another bowl and sift this into the wet mixture. Stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and make your pancakes as you normally do. Prepare the chocolate ganache in a pan and pour it over the stack of pancakes.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 and 1/3 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raspberries for garnish
- 100ml heavy cream
- 100g chocolate chips
- Start with making chocolate ganache so that it cools down until you finish frying pancakes. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat once it simmers. You can watch the ganache video above.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then whisk them well until it turns into a smooth and silky ganache. Wait for it until it reaches room temperature before pouring it over pancakes.
- To make pancakes, in a medium bowl whisk together egg and sugar until creamy. Add in milk and sunflower oil, whisk until combined well.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients and sift it into the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined well. IT will be a thick batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and either spread a little butter over it or brush with a little sunflower oil. Scoop the batter onto the pan using a 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until you see bubbles on the top, for about 1 minute or so. Flip them over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Repeat this until you finish the batter.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and pour chocolate ganache over them. Let the chocolate flow down. Wait for 2-3 minutes so that the ganache sets a bit and then top with raspberries. Serve immediately.