This is exactly how I make my waffles, they are simple, quick and use the ingredients that you probably already have on hand. You are going to need some all-purpose flour, milk, melted butter, egg, vanilla extract a little baking powder and tiny bits of sugar. In a little bowl with flour, add your baking powder, salt, and sugar and get them mixed together so there are no lumps in the batter.
Making waffles on a Monday or Tuesday morning is just hard since you have to leave early for work and there is not enough time to make something like this but for the weekend, this should be your plan. In a different bowl, add the wet ingredients starting with milk, melted butter, egg, and justs drop of vanilla extract.
The amount that these waffles will make is going to vary based on your waffle iron. Mix your wet ingredients to get them all incorporated then add your dry ingredients and just mix them to incorporate them but you don’t want to mix them. Otherwise, you won’t get a very fluffy waffle, it will be way too dense so just mix it for like ten seconds.
Set that aside for about ten minutes to let it rest and meanwhile grab your waffle iron and preheat it. Make sure you read the manufactures instruction on your waffle iron so you know what temperature to put it on.
Brush the waffle iron with a little butter to make sure nothing sticks or you can use vegetable oil. Use a measuring cup to pour your batter in the middle and scoop to the side then put the lid on and once it turns green then know that your waffles are ready. Repeat until your batter is finished. These waffles are so delicious, add some maple syrup drizzled over the top with some blueberries.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- Ia large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into the mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.
- Serve the waffles with a drizzle of honey and blueberries.