This sticky spicy chicken is great as an appetizer or main meat served with rice. Mix honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce. Whisk them together then set aside. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Pour oil into a skillet and add chicken, cook until brown for a few minutes. When done, add red sauce to the pan and stir. Simmer the chicken until well cooked.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons ginger
- 1 red chili
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup soy sauce
- sesame seed
- spring onion
- In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, chili, honey, and soy sauce.
- Mix in the chicken drumsticks.
- Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Fry the chicken in a large pan, on all sides for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent the marinade from burning, until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and pour in the marinade.
- Bring to a boil and stir, until the marinade is thick and resembles a sauce.
- Throw the chicken back in the pan and fry for a further 5-10 minutes in the sauce, making sure each drumstick is evenly coated and cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions.