This is an amazing, tasty and spicy air fryer chicken wings recipe that you can make at home better than the restaurant style in your kitchen. You will need your chicken wings with the skin on and you can also so without the skin but this way they will be perfect especially when you are making fried chicken wings.
Mix salt, chopped garlic, oregano, and lemon juice and add crushed pepper then mix the marinade together then add the chicken wings in and coat them really well. After marinating the chicken wings, you can let it chill in the fridge for around two hours and the flavour will be perfect.
Once chilled, sprinkle some flour to the marinated chicken and toss them again so the chicken pieces are well coated. The flour will also give a very nice texture to your chicken. Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celcius for around three minutes. Pull the air fryer basket out and drop in the chicken wings then close it and let it fry for around six minutes.
For the sauce, you will need finely chopped spring onions to give you a very nice flavour then add vinegar and brown sugar and mix everything until the brown sugar melts a little bit then you will add ketchup and chilli sauce. Mix them until the sauce is ready then open the air fryer and coat the chicken wings with the sauce then fry them again for a few minutes.
This will give your wings a nice texture and the sugar will caramelize and give a really nice flavour. After around 10 to 12 minutes from the time you started frying, remove then chicken from the air fryer and place them on a serving plate then pour the remaining sauce or you can use the sauce as a dip and enjoy.
- Chicken wings (with skin) – 8-10 numbers.
- Salt – to taste.
- Garlic (chopped) – 1 teaspoon.
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- Oregano – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon.
- Black pepper (crushed) – 1 teaspoon.
- Spring onions (finely chopped) – 2 teaspoons.
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon.
- Brown sugar – 1 tablespoon.
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tablespoon.
- Chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- In a mixing bowl, add in a little salt, finely chopped garlic, soya sauce, oregano, lemon juice and freshly crushed black pepper. Mix this marinade well.
- Add the chicken wings to the marinade and coat it well. Rest the marinated chicken wings in the fridge for at least 2 hrs.
- Sprinkle some flour over the chicken wings and mix well. Repeat this for about 2 to 3 times.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 degrees C for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tray and drop in the marinated chicken wings and fry for 6 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- After 3 minutes, remove the tray and toss the wings and fry again.
- In another bowl, take finely chopped spring onions, vinegar, brown sugar and mix well until the sugar melts.
- Add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and mix well.
- After 6 minutes, open the tray and coat the chicken wings with the sauce and refry them again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.