Whenever I want to eat chicken biryani I fond one excuse and make.! Chicken Biryani can be prepared using different methods but the secret to an aromatic biryani is to dry roast the spices before preparing, marinating the chicken and caramelizing the onions to give the dish a flavourful and mouthwatering taste. This chicken biryani recipe truly retains the authentic taste and is presented step by step using a balance of spices and meat cooked with rice in perfect proportions and tastes best when cooked in low flame.
To begin, add raw spices to your chicken inside a big bowl, add chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric and curd, chopped green chilies, add lime juice and salt. For one kg of biryani, half a cup of oil just mix in the chicken mix them together then put in a fridge for 4 hours or overnight. After the chicken has marinated, say for 4 hours, start cooking your rice. Soak the rice for one hour before you start to cook it. When your rice water comes to boil, add 2-3 tablespoon of oil and salt then add your rice and we cook the rice until 70% done, the remaining part of the rice cooking will be finished with the chicken.
Meanwhile, put the marinated chicken on a bigger cooking pan and once our rice is half cooked, take the rice and spread it on the chicken and spread it nicely. Cook it for 5 minutes of high flame then 10-15 minutes of the low flame because a good biryani is mostly cooked with the steam in the rice and chicken. Once done, switch off your flame and let it sit for about 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon.
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon.
- Red chili powder – 2 tablespoons.
- Golden fried onions – 1/2 cup.
- Basmati rice – 400 grams.
- Chicken – 1000 grams.
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 bunch.
- • Green chilies (chopped)
- Oil – 1 cup.
- Lime juice – 2 tablespoons.
- First, make a powder of all the spices.
- In a bowl add chicken pieces and add made masala, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, curd, chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, lime juice, oil, mix it well, and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat water in a vessel and let it come to a boil add oil, salt, shahi jeera, bay leaf.
- Once it comes to boil, add basmati rice (soak the rice for 1 hour) cook the rice till 75 % done.
- Then in another pan, add a layer of marinated chicken and add this layer of rice.
- Sprinkle fried onions, and add dissolved milk, then add ghee (optional) and put the lid on which is lined with sticky dough for dum.
- First, cook it on high for first 4-5 minutes then reduce the flame to low, use a griddle under this for even heat transfer.
- And cook it for 25 to 30 minutes and switch off the flame.
- After 40 minutes this is ready to open the seal of the lid. Never mix the biryani just check it removing the top rice and checking the bottom of the vessel for burnt marks.