Pizza sauce can be prepared in two ways, the first is by using tomato and the other way is by using ketchup. For the tomato pizza sauce, we will cut the tomatoes into a half, you don’t have to boil them or cut them into smaller pieces. On a skillet, add olive oil and once hot, add garlic, finely chopped onions and cook for about two minutes before adding basil and oregano and red chili flakes. After about two minutes, add the halved tomatoes with some salt and mix. Cover and cook for ten to fifteen minutes. You can add a little sugar to balance if off and when it is almost ready you can add some ketchup to it.
The pizza sauce is now well cooked and you can turn off the heat. After cooling, grind the sauce to mix all the ingredients such as garlic that did not fully integrated with the sauce while cooking. The pizza sauce will be ready once grind for approximately five minutes.
For the ketchup pizza sauce, it is quite simple since we already have the sauce. In a bowl, add some ketchup, add chili flakes, salt, chopped garlic, oregano, and basil, mix well and the sauce is ready.!
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Three 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a hot pan over medium-high heat. Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir.
- Cook until the onions are soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, whisking to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of sugar.
- Add the dried oregano and basil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.