You will enjoy this sweet mustard chicken thighs and the good thing is you can use any kind of chicken that you have with skin on and bone-in. For this recipe, we are using chicken thighs, so nake two slashes right into the chicken thighs, right into the center but inches apart. That will allow the marinade to get deeper into the thighs. Place them into a ziplock bag and prepare the marinade.
Add the mustard into a bowl and sweetened that up with honey, balanced with some red wine vinegar which is optional then add other spices. Use a whisk to thoroughly mix the spices together and once thoroughly combined, pour the marinade into the ziplock bag and give it a thorough massage.
Make sure the marinade gets into all those slashes and coats every bit of every surface of the chicken thighs then let it sit in the fridge for a minimum of four hours or overnight. Transfer the chicken thighs into a lightly oiled foiled lined baking sheet and spread them evenly. Season on top with salt and cayenne pepper then place in the at the center of a hot oven for about 35 minutes.
Use a knife to test if your chicken is tender then remove from the pan and pour the sauce into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over high heat. Once the sauce reduces and starts to thicken, remove it from heat and add in honey, some parsley and mix then pour over the chicken in the plate. Serve it and enjoy it.
- 900 grams of chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the sauce. For this, put the olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and chili flakes in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish, together with the remaining sauce. Bake the chicken thighs in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Place the chicken thighs on the plates and cover with some aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes and then remove the foil.
- Serve and eat tasty.