When you don’t know what to make for dinner, there’s always pasta. Not only are these ground beef pasta recipes absolutely delicious, but they’re so easy to make. The recipe is adaptable as well. For Italian flavors, replace the Cajun or Mexican seasoning with Italian seasonings and use Italian seasoned tomatoes in the dish. Or, if you prefer a milder flavor, use your favorite seasoned salt blend along with plain diced tomatoes. You can use ground beef or even ground turkey for this recipe. The key to a really well-developed spaghetti sauce is to let it simmer. Follow the recipe and make sure that you let the sauce simmer for at least 15 minutes.
Place a pot of water over high heat and then you are going to add in your spaghetti once the water comes to a boil. Break the spaghetti in half before placing them in hot water and you are not going to bore your spaghetti for long, just for about eight minutes. Drain the water from the spaghetti and set it aside. Get your frying pan and place it over high heat and you are going to add your ground beef and begin breaking it up until they are as fine as possible. Once the ground beef has cooked in the heat for around ten minutes, begin adding peppers, onions, and seasonings. Once added to the meat, mix them together and let them cook for a little longer. Add spaghetti sauce to a pot then add a few tablespoons of tomato paste, some diced tomatoes, some sugar and stir that up until it starts to boil then you are going to add in the ground beef.
Stir the meat with the sauce and let it simmer. Some people serve the ground beef and spaghetti differently but if you serve them together you can add your spaghetti at this point to the pot of the ground beef. Let it cook for a few minutes just to get the spaghetti hot then serve immediately.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water following package directions.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Put the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring and breaking up the beef until the ground beef is browned and is no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper to the beef and onions; cook, stirring, until the bell pepper is just tender.
- Drain and discard any excess accumulated fat.
- Add both kinds of diced tomatoes along with the Mexican or Cajun seasoning, oregano, pepper, tomato paste, and water.
- Bring the beef and tomato mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add kosher salt, as needed.
- Add the hot drained pasta to the ground beef and tomato mixture; stir to blend the ingredients.
- Transfer the macaroni and beef mixture to a serving bowl or serve from the cooking pot.
- Enjoy the dish with a tossed salad and crusty bread.