We share with you the secret for the best homemade cheeseburgers and before you start, it’s important with burgers to have all your toppings and sauces and buns ready. You will start with the toppings, cut green leaf lettuce into pieces that will fort the bun the cut one large tomatoes into eight thin slices. You will need about two slices per burger. Slice half of red onion and red onions are the best for burgers because they are milder in flavor and not overpowering when you take a bite.
You will, also need thick-sliced cheddar cheese to make the burgers extra cheesy. There are so many options for buns and the best are soft potato buns, generously butter the cut sides of all your buns and set aside because you will be toasting them later. To make the sauce for this burger, mix mayonnaise with a teaspoon of yellow mustard and the second is mayonnaise mixed with dijon mustard and the third is a simple mayo with ketchup and the fourth is mayo with barbeque sauce.
These sauces are so easy to whip up and really fun to serve your family. Once your toppings are prepared, preheat your grill to medium and start making the patties. The best burgers are made with 80 20 ground chuck beef, the 20% fat content will ensure you have a juicy burger. If you have a meat grinder, you can grind your own chuck. Divide the beef into four equal pieces and shape each patty to about one inch wider than your burger buns since they will shrink in the grill.
Season the patties generously with salt and pepper on both sides then place the patties on the hot grill and grill for about 3 to 5 minutes per side and it really depends on how hot your grill is. Flip the patties once they start to brown and place the cheddar cheese on top then place the buns on the grill and let toast the buttered side. Once the beef patties reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit, remove from the grill and begin to assemble them.
Place your toasted buttery bins on a clean surface then generously add your sauce then lay your lettuces and the two giant slices of tomatoes, fresh red onions, and then the best part, the beef then coat with the other side of the bun. This burger is tender, juicy, so flavourful. Serve it and enjoy it with french fries.
- 1 lb ground chuck beef (80/20)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Classic Cheeseburger Toppings;
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices medium cheddar cheese (thick sliced)
- 1 large tomato sliced into 8 rings
- 1/2 bunch green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- Slice, and prepare all of your burger toppings and sauces.
- Spread the cut-side of the bun with softened or melted butter and toast the cut side on a skillet or on the grill until golden brown. You can toast the bun ahead or in the last couple of minutes with the burgers on the grill. Toasting the bun adds great flavor and prevents a soggy bun.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Divide beef into 4 portions and form patties that are about 1/2″ thick and 1″ wider than the burger buns.
- Season patties generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill burger patties (indent-side-up) covered for 3-5 min each side on the grill.
- Flip burgers when juices are accumulating on top of burger and you have a good sear. Apply cheese in the last 1-2 minutes of grilling then cover with the lid and cook until an internal temperature of beef reaches 160˚F.