Those who have a bread maker can easily prepare bread and it doesn’t mean you can’t prepare your favorite bread if you dint have one. You can make bread at home without resorting to the help of a bread machine and the result will be a soft bread that will stay fresh for days. Start by activating the dry yeast, yeast always need a sweet and warn environment to bloom up so you will use one tablespoon of sugar in one cup of warm water then add activate the dry yeast and stir well until sugar and yeast gets dissolved completely.
Set aside. Add wheat flour in a bowl and all-purpose flour then add salt and combine the bloomed yeast into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine them. At one point, the dough may feel a bit sticky and you may be tempted to add more flour but don’t do that just continue combining the dough until it starts to come together. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and combine it into the dough until the dough is well done.
Cover the dough with a plastic fling and let to proof in a warm environment for 6 hours. After 6 hours the dough will have almost tripled in size, degas the dough then remove from the bowl and to give a little shape to the dough, fold it over two to three times. Transfer the dough into your baking tin and you can also shape this bread dough into breadstick shapes and line on a baking tray. If you want, you can add black sesame seeds on the bread dough.
The dough will then be ready for the second proofing and cover the bread dough in the tin and let it proof for about an hour. Bake the bread at 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 35 to 40 minutes. After baking, you will get a beautiful caramelized golden crust bread, smear butter onto t]of the bread to make it shinier and softer then let it cool down completely.
The cooling down is also part of the bread baking because of the bread because the steam which is trapped in the bread will, help the bread to cool completely. Try this recipe and your family will love it.
- 1 Tsp Active dried yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 525g flour, here I took 150 gms (1 cup) whole wheat flour and 375 gms(2 and a half cups) All-purpose flour. You can adjust the proportion as you need.100 percent whole wheat flour bread will not be very soft as it contains less gluten.
- 400 ml warm water (250 ml for activating the yeast and 150 extra)
- 1 and a half tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Activate the dried yeast.
- Pour 250ml warm water into a bowl and sprinkle over the yeast and sugar. Stir well until sugar and yeast get dissolved.
- Measure the flour and combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Wrap it with a plastic film and keep it aside in a warm environment for the first proofing.
- After six hours, degas the fermented dough and then pull and stretch the dough…and fold it over a few times to give it some shape.
- Transfer it into a baking vessel then cover the pan with cling film Make the dough rest for the second proofing for approximately 1 hour the dough will get doubled in size.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes.