This pumpkin bread is amazing and will be ready in a snap. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then butter and flour bundt or cake tin. For the dry ingredients, into a large bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and baking soda. For spices, you will add cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger and ground nutmeg.
Whisk the dry ingredients together then set aside. In another bowl, prepare the wet ingredients by adding oil together with white sugar and brown sugar, mix the sugar and the oil a little but then add in two large eggs and vanilla then give it a whisk and get everything nice and incorporated.
Add in pumpkin puree together with one cup of whole milk then give it a mix so it comes together. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and use a whisk to bring it together. Do not overmix this batter, mix it just until it comes together. Use a spatula to make sure all the flour is mixed in the batter then pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
Bake in the 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for one hour, after 40 minutes, you can loosely cover the top with foil so that you get a nice soft and not the too brown top. The bread is done when it’s springy in the centre and a skewer inserted at the centre comes out clean.
- 1 3/4 cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (132g) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (60mL) whole milk
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (120mL) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9×5 inch loaf pan by lining with parchment paper or butter and flour it.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl then whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the oil, sugars and eggs then mix well. Add the pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla. Whisk again until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about an hour at 350F.