Crepes are thin pancakes originally from France. They have a really nice tender texture If you have a blender, all you need is just put all the ingredients and it will be ready in like 15 minutes. Place the flour, milk, eggs, butter, salt, sugar, and vanilla if using in a blender. Blend until the batter is smooth, about 20 seconds.
Alternatively, whisk everything together in a bowl until thoroughly combined and frothy. Before cooking the crêpes, assemble everything you’ll need by the stovetop: the batter, the pan, the oil, the spatula. If your bowl doesn’t have a pour spout, have a ladle or 1/4-cup measuring cup handy.
Place a 10-inch nonstick pan or 8-inch crêpe pan over medium heat and add a small amount of oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for a minute to get hot. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter. Immediately pick up the pan and swirl it to coax the batter into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
When the crêpe has browned slightly on the bottom, carefully work a spatula underneath it and flip. Cook the second side briefly, just to set the batter.
Continue making crêpes with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as needed to keep the crêpes from sticking. If not eating the crêpes immediately, stack them one on top of the other as they cool. If they seem sticky, place a square of plastic wrap or parchment paper between them.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (480ml) warm milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (190gr) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs, sugar and salt until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of warm milk and vanilla extract. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and mix until nice and smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour in the remaining 1 cup of milk while the mixer is running on low.
- Stir in vegetable oil and baking powder.
- Mix until the batter is smooth, about a minute. Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Pour scant of ¼ cup of batter into the hot pan and tilt the pan around, so the batter is evenly distributed.
- When the edges of the crepe start to brown slightly, run the spatula around the edges.
- Insert the spatula under the crepe and flip it over. Cook until nice and brown, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer it onto a serving plate and continue with the rest of the batter. It takes about 1 minute per crepe when the pan is nice and hot.
- Serve the crepes warm with butter and jam, or Nutella, whipped cream, and/or fresh fruits.
- Store leftover crepes in the refrigerator, covered.
- Warm it up in a microwave for 1 minute before serving.