Cilantro Lime rice is easy to make at home and is the perfect Mexican side dish. To start, saute pan with a lid add 2 teaspoons Olive Oil or Cooking Oil of choice and add 1/3 cup Finely Minced Onion. Cook over medium heat until onion starts to soften and becomes fragrant.
Add 2 cups long grain, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Salt, cook until garlic becomes fragrant and rice is slightly translucent.
Stir in 3 cups Water. Cover pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until water is absorbed about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons Lime Juice about 1 whole Lime Juiced and 1/3 cup chopped cilantro.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Rinse the rice thoroughly with cold water and drain, repeat for 3-4 times until the water runs clear.
- Transfer the clean rice into the skillet and add 1 cup of clean water, chicken broth, salt and butter to the rice.
- Cover the lid and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the water is dry and the rice is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat, add the cilantro leaves and lime juice to the rice.
- Stir and loosen up the rice and mix well with the cilantro leaves and lime juice. Serve warm.