Chocolate swiss rolls are so delicious and it is also so easy to make your family and friends will love them. There are a few alterations you can make to the recipe. For example, you can use semi-sweet cocoa or unsweetened cocoa depending on how diet conscious you are. To start, first, spray a baking pan with some baking spray. Line it with some parchment paper and set it aside.
Add eggs into a bowl, white granulated sugar, and beat it up until it is kind of yellow and forming then add in vegetable oil. Mix it until it is well incorporated. Sift in a cup of flour, cocoa, baking powder and a pinch of salt to bring all those flavors. Just go ahead and sift them in. mix the mixture until everything is incorporated, pour the mixture into the pan.
Give it a swirl around to get a nice even distribution. Slip it into a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 12 minutes, after about 12 minutes your cake will be baked nicely. Slip it onto a damp cloth grab the end and roll it up while hot then let it cool completely. While the cake is cooking make the filling by combining heavy whipping cream with sugar.
Gradually add the sugar just a little bit of time as you mix the ingredients for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add melted chocolate that is nuked (if you want more chocolate you can add more). Using a spatula fold everything together until it is nicely combined. Once the roll is cooled completely unroll it.
Take the mixture and spread it evenly at the top then grab one end and do a reroll on it. Set the Swiss roll in the fridge for about an hour to set, and then you can slice it and consume.
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4tbsp cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup of sugar
For the Filling;
- 1½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 177 degrees Celcius then greases a 15 by 11-inch baking pan and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until foamy then sift in the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the container and bake for 12 minutes and as soon as it comes out of the oven, lay it out on a damped cloth. Slide it on the cloth.
- While it is still hot, roll the cake with the paper on and allow it to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Prepare the filling by whipping the cream and gradually adding the sugar. Whip until doubles in size or stiff peaks then fold into melted chocolate.
- Carefully unroll the cake then spread the filling over the top and reroll the cake then place it in the fridge for an hour.
- Slice and serve.