This glorious san Sebastian cheesecake is insanely light and fluffy. The outside of this cake gets complex like burnt caramel and the smoothness is replaced by the texture very small curds like ricotta. The level of the darkness of this San Sebastian cheesecake is achieved by baking the cheesecake for a bit longer. Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit then add cream cheese to the stand mixer bowl. Add granulated sugar and beat the mixture on low speed. This recipe calls for castor or superfine sugar, you can buy or make it by running granulated sugar through a food processor for a few minutes.
The temparature of the ingredients does not matter in this recipe, you can use them from the fridge or at room temperature. As the sugar gets absorbed in the stand mixer, increase the speed to medium until the mixture is very smooth and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time while beating the mixture in between At low speed to prevent the mixture from being thrown out of the mixer. In a large bowl, add all purpose flour wit heave cream the whisk that until well combined then add it to the stand mixer mixture. Combine the mixture at low speed. Next, grease a 9-inch springform pan then line it with a parchment paper and press against the sides of the pan.
Pour the creamy cheesecake mix into the pan then place it in a preheated 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven for one hour or until the cheesecake is puffy, very dark brown on top. After baking, let the cheesecake cool to room temparature then remove from the pan. This cake can be refrigerated for several days. Cut the San Sebastian cheesecake can]kke after cooling and enjoy.
- 600 g cream cheese,
- 300 ml of heavy cream,
- 1,5 cups of confectioners sugar,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Beat the cream cheese to a creamy consistency,
- Add the cream into it and beat it until it is completely mixed,
- Add confectioners sugar and beat,
- Add the eggs one by one and beat them up,
- Add the flour gradually, beat until no lumps,
- Grease a 21 cm springform pan, cover with parchment paper and grease again,
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the mold.
- Bake in 425 degrees Fahrenheit in a pre-heated oven until brownish.