This chcolate loaf cake is super yummy and you won’t get enough of it. It is made with chunks of real chcolate, if you are a chcolate lover, this is for you. Add butter to a mixing bowl along with a cup of sugar, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until they are well mixed. Crack in two eggs and add vanilla extract for flavouring and milk.
Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until smooth then sift in all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder to give it the chocolatey flavour and a pinch of salt to bring out the flavour. Using a spatula, fold everything together until nicely combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
Break about 300 grams of high-quality chocolate into chunks, you can also use milk chocolate or any of your favourite chocolate then add the chocolate chunks in the cake batter and fold it in to distribute it evenly in the batter. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan to about three-quarters full then drop a few chocolate chunks over the top just to make it super chocolatey when baked.
Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan then slice and serve. I bet you are going to love this cake, you can go a step further and serve it with chcolate ganache or plate it with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 stick or ½ cup (113 grams) of butter
- 1½ cups (300 grams) of sugar
- 300 grams of chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (118 ml) of milk
- 1¼ cups (160 grams) of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ⅔ cup (65 grams) of cocoa
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat until a smooth mixture forms.
- Add the 3 eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in and mix until well combined.
- Sift in the all-purpose flour, cocoa. baking powder, and salt. Using a spatula, fold until well combined then added chunks of chocolate.
- Spray the loaf pan with baking spray, line the bottom with parchment paper, and add the mixture in. Sprinkle more chocolate chunks over the top of the chocolate batter.
- Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- After the cake has cooled, cut around the edges of the pan with a sharp knife and remove the cake from the pan.
- Slice, serve and enjoy your chocolate loaf cake.