This delicious orange loaf made with fresh orange juice, orange zest, and oil taste similar to pound cake. The texture is not quite as dense as a regular pound cake, but a little fluffier, and it is lovely and moist.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Grease a standard loaf pan ( 9x5x3 inches approximately) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until fully combined. Mix in the orange zest and juice until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add into the butter mixture and stir until mixed in well.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing out the top. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until you can touch the pan safely. Turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Glaze with my Orange Icing Glaze when fully cooled.