This cake is simple to bake and it tastes amazing, it’s so moist and packed with the right flavours. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. To maintain the fluffiness of this cake, you will substitute the eggs with yoghurt. You can use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer. Add milk, yoghurt, butter, vanilla essence and sugar then beat it until it looks like a paste.
This will create lost of aeration and the air bubbles trapped in will result in the fluffy texture of the cake. Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl then make a well in teh centre and add the wet ingredients little by a little while mixing it using a wire whisk just until everything is moistened.
Do not overbeat the batter because this will make the cake to sink when baking. Pour the batter in a parchment-lined baking tin then bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 1 and a half cups (180 grams) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) Melted Butter
- Milk- 3/4 cup (180 ml)
- Yogurt-1/2 cup (120ml)
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Lightly grease an 8nich round pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a mixer-jar add curd, butter, sugar, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Take a different bowl, and place a sieve on it take all-purpose flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Sift all the dry ingredients. Mix all the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and make a smooth batter.
- Take a baking tin, line it with parchment paper Pour the batter and tap it twice.
- Bake the cake at 180-degree centigrade for 25 to 30 minutes
- Using the toothpick, check the cake after 25 minutes. If the toothpick comes out dry, the cake is ready.