This is a super simple cake to bake for an evening snack. If you do not have the mini cake moulds, you can alternatively bake this cake in a loaf tin and the results will still be a super delicious honey cake. In a large mixing bowl, add 225 grams of butter and 115 grams of sugar then with a hand whisk, cream them together until very light and fluffy.
What honey does to this recipe is to add some flavour and brings out a nice different taste to this cake. Add 6 tbsp of honey to the creamed butter and sugar and mix it in then start adding in 4 eggs one at a time and beat the mixture after each addition until well combined before adding another egg. In a separate bowl, sift in the flour, ground cinnamon and baking powder then whisk to combine.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and start mixing it in with a spatula, this batter will be quite thick and that is because this recipe does not require any liquid. Combine until the flour is moistened then prepare the cake moulds by buttering them and dusting with flour, if you do not have the moulds, lightly butter and flour a loaf tin then pour in the batter into the prepared tin and spread the top. If using a loaf tin, you will bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 40 minutes.
If using the mini cake moulds, you will bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 25 minutes. Let the cake cool down before removing from the pan, dust with icing sugar and serve. This is one recipe that you need to try, I’m sure you will enjoy it.
- 225 grams (1 cup) Butter
- 115 grams (5/8 cups) Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Honey
- 4 Eggs
- 450 grams (3 5/8 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a suitable bowl. Use a hand mixer or whisk for this.
- Add the honey and mix into the butter mix.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix completely before adding the next.
- Add the flour, baking powder and the cinnamon and mix to make a thick cake batter.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tin lined with a greaseproof/parchment paper.
- If using a loaf pan, bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees (180ºC) Fahrenheit oven until the cake is fully cooked.
- If using mini cake moulds, bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 25 minutes to until golden brown.