This chocolate banana is rich, semi-sweet swirled into a moist and delicious banana bread with a touch of cinnamon to bring out all the wonderful flavors. The bread is tender and sweet-scented with a gorgeous ribbon of melted chocolate running through it that complements the banana flavor perfectly. Begin by whisking together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Place the chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in short intervals, stirring in between so the chocolate doesn’t scorch until the chocolate is almost melted. Stir, letting the residual heat melt the chocolate completely, then stir in the cocoa powder. Add one cup of the batter to the melted chocolate.
Spoon the two batters alternately into a greased loaf pan. Bake for about an hour and ten minutes. Cool the loaf in the pan on a rack for about ten minutes, then remove and cool completely. The trick to a slice of moist and delicious banana bread is to make sure you use very ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 bananas ripe, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semisweet
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease it with butter.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix together; Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well incorporated. Add eggs, and sour cream; beat until blended then stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted. A minute was enough for me, stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the batter to the chocolate and stir so that it’s well combined.
- Spoon the white batter first in the greased pan, then the chocolate batter, and swirl batters together with a knife. Or first spoon a layer of white batter, then a layer of chocolate batter, then white batter, then chocolate and if there’s any white batter add it on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack. Slice and serve.