This no-bake strawberry cheesecake is whipped, velvety, very mooselike in texture with an intense strawberry flavour. Oil a 9-inch springform pan and line the edges with parchment paper, this will make it very easy to remove the cake once it’s ready. This cake has a wonderful fresh strawberry flavour and the crust is perfect. For the crust, crush graham crackers then mix with melted butter and a tablespoon of sugar then stir to combine and evenly moistened then press it in the bottom of the springform pan and go about half an inch up the sides.
Refrigerate the crust for about 30 minutes while working on the filing. Place your strawberries in a blender and blend until completely smooth. For the smoothest cheesecake, you want to push your puree through a fine-mesh sieve to get rid of the seeds. The puree is what gives the cheesecake the intense strawberry flavour.
In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cheese with sugar then beat that on medium-high speed until completely smooth then add cold whipping cream and beat until the mixture is fluffy. Add in chilled mascarpone and beat in medium-low speed until it’s combined and smooth then add all of your prepared strawberry purees and blend until smooth. Next, add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and blend until completely incorporated.
In a small bowl, add ga]half a cup of cold water and sprinkle the top with gelatin and wait for about 5 minutes for the gelatin to bloom. Microwave the gelatin for about 30 seconds until it completely dissolves then with the mixer on medium-low speed, gradually pour the gelatin and beat until its incorporated.
Pour all of your prepared fillings into the chilled crust and cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Once the cake is set and completely chilled, you can serve it as it is or top with whipped cream. You can also add fresh strawberries on top of your cake. Slice the cake and enjoy.
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crust;
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs from 12 whole crackers
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for No Bake Cheesecake;
- 1 lb strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese chilled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 14 grams unflavored gelatin (2 packets)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries halved
- Oil the bottom and sides of a 9” springform and line the sides with 1-2 strips of parchment paper.
- Place graham crackers In the bowl of a food processor, pulse into fine crumbs.
- Transfer crumbs to a bowl, add 1 Tbsp sugar and 8 Tbsp melted butter. Stir to evenly moisten crumbs then press into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan going 1/2″ up the sides. Freeze 15 minutes or refrigerate 30 minutes for crumbs to set.
- Wash & pat dry strawberries then hull and quarter. Puree in blender or food processor until smooth then strain through a sieve and set aside. Should have 1 1/2 cups puree.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 8 oz cream cheese and 2/3 cup granulated sugar. Beat on medium/high speed 2 minutes until fluffy and smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add 1 cups heavy whipping cream and beat until fluffy (3-5 minutes on high speed). Reduce speed to medium/low and beat in 12 oz mascarpone until well combined and smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups strawberry puree and 2 Tbsp lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- In a shallow heat-safe bowl, add 1/2 cup cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Set aside 5 minutes to bloom and absorb the water.
- Microwave gelatin for 30-35 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds. Heat and stir until fully dissolved and the liquid looks clear. Scrape any gelatin pieces against the bowl to help them dissolve.
- With the mixer on med-low speed, gradually add gelatin and beat until well incorporated.
- Transfer cheesecake filling over the chilled crust, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight until completely chilled.