This super spongy simple cake is best served with a cup of milk. Start by laying the cake mould on a baking sheet and lining them with parchment paper. If you don’t have the moulds, you can use baking tins that are lined with parchment paper, set that aside. Start by sifting 130 grams of cake flour and set that aside then in a large mixing bowl, add 4 eggs and 2 egg yolks then lightly whisk teh eggs to loosen before adding sugar. If the eggs come in direct contact with sugar it is easy to form lumps.
Once the eggs are beaten, add sugar and 20 honey then mix well with a whisk until all the sugar is dissolved in the egg mixture. Place the egg mixture over a water bath (a bowl with hot water) and continue to stir the egg mixture until teh temparature rises to 38 degrees C. In a separate bowl, add milk, butter and vanilla essence then place it over the hot water bath and let the butter melt.
Take the warmed egg mixture whip it with a hand mixer for 3 minutes on high speed to make a fluffy and dense foam, if the eggs did not warm the bubbles will not rise easily. Whip for another 3 minutes on low speed to make the foams dense when the batter is smooth like cream and there are no bubbles visible, it is finished.
Add the sifted cake flour and fold it gently with the blade of the spatula at the same time, rotate the bowl in small increments with another hand. Mix until all the flour is moistened then take a small portion of the batter and add it to the milk and butter mixture and mix it well then pour the mixture to the bowl with the cake batter and fold it lightly until well mixed.
Fill the prepared cake moulds to about three quarters way full then bake the cake in preheated 310 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 23 to 25 minutes. Once bakes, let the cakes cool before serving them with milk. Store the remaining in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 120g ( 1 cup / 4.2 Oz) granulated sugar
- 20g honey
- 130g / 1 cup cake flour
- 40g (2.8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 55g whole milk
- 2g vanilla extract
- Add sugar and honey to the egg + egg yolk and warm it to 37 ~ 42 degrees C.
- Whip the egg with a hand mixer until the traces remain for more than 3 seconds.
- Whip until it becomes a fine foam at the lowest speed.
- Sift the flour and fold gently so that the bubbles do not go out.
- Set the temperature of (butter + milk + vanilla) extract to 4 ~ 60 degrees C and mix it in the batter.
- Fill the mould with 85% each, and bake in a preheated 167 to 175 degrees C (350℉) oven for 23 minutes.