Baked doughnuts are the easiest way to make doughnuts because there is no frying involved. This means that the kids can get involved and make this a fun treat. Start with one cup of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl then half cup of sugar, two teaspoons of baking powder and a quarter teaspoon of salt. Give that a quick mix just to combine. Once you have that well mixed in, start adding in the liquid ingredients. Start with half a cup of milk, one egg, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and half a cup of butter. Mix that well until all combined.
Transfer the dough to a pastry bag, make sure they have a wide tip then pipe the doughnut dough into a doughnut pan. You want to fill each hole about two-thirds of the way full. Once you have piped all your doughnuts, bake them in 350 degrees preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Whie thay are baking, you can put together your chocolate gaze which is super easy because it has only three ingredients.
Add powdered sugar ina bowl, a quarter cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and whisk that together with two teaspoons of water. Once the dougnuts ae baked, you will dip them in the chocolate glaze while still hot. Dip them into the chocolate and then into sprinkles if you have them then line them on a wire rack to cool.
You can eat them warm or let them cool completely. They will stay good for about 24 to 48 hours. Enjoy.!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini-doughnut pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and melted butter until combined.
- Transfer batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large circular tip. Pipe dough into doughnut moulds, filling about 1/2 or 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Add in water and stir until combined. Spread several tablespoons of sprinkles out on a small plate.
- Remove from oven and remove doughnuts from pan.
- Dip the tops of the doughnut into the glaze and then into the sprinkles.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.