You can fill this with any of your favorite fillings. Sweet or savory, both can go well with these buns. Bread making is a simple process we will need flour sugar, salt, milk, egg, and butter to add more taste to the bread and yeast. Finish with any favorite filling and enjoy that soft and fluffy freshly homemade bread. To begin to prepare the Bread Dough: for this, we need to activate the dried yeast by giving it a warm and sweet environment. Mix the warm milk, sugar, and yeast together in a jug, and let sit for about five to six minutes until the yeast gets activated.
In the meantime put flour in a bowl, and add salt to the flour. Now that yeast has been activated add egg to it and mixes it all together. Now combine the flour and salt into the Yeast mixture and stir well. Add Butter and Knead the Dough. Knead the dough for about 8 to 10 minutes. Add more flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to your hands or the vessel. If the dough is too tough you can add milk or water.
After kneading for 10 minutes the dough should be soft and supple and elastic enough to withstand all the stretching and puffing later. When the dough is ready lightly oil a clean bowl and place the dough inside it and lightly oil it and cover it with a aplastic wrap and leave it for 2 to 3 hours. Once the dough has risen gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface.
Divide the dough and shape them according to how you want them to be or the shape of regular buns or hot dog buns. After shaping them put them on a baking sheet and cover them with plastic wrap and let them sit for about 60 minutes for the second proofing. Until they puff up and become double in size.
Before baking, you can sprinkle oats on the buns. Bake it in a 400 F oven for 12-15 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Once done let them cool down a bit. So cover them with a clean towel and wait for 10 more minutes. You can fill the bun with anything you want be it hotdog grilled chicken or sweet or savory butter, or jam chocolate.
- 130 ml of Warm Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Active Dry Yeast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (300 gms)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar(30 gms)
- 1 Egg
- 30 gms Butter
- Mix the warm milk, sugar, and yeast together then stir it until dissolved and let sit for about five minutes until the yeast gets activated.
- Add one egg into the mixture and mix it in.
- Combine the flour and salt and the yeast mixture and stir until a shaggy dough has formed then add softened butter and knead the dough.
- You will knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into an oiled dough and let the dough proof for about two hours or until double in size.
- Once risen, gently deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface start dividing the dough and shape them into a long log, about 10 to 15 centimeters.
- After shaping, cover the rolled dough with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap until they puff up and become double in size.
- After the second rise, you can sprinkle with some sesame seeds or brush them with egg mixture.
- Bake the rolls at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.