These beef spring rolls are super crunchy, crispy and flavorful with savory beef and little vegetable fillings. In a pan, add cooking oil and once hoit, add thinly diced onions with some scallions and stir fry them until they are translucent. Add some hot chili powder, black pepper, curry powder, and salt to taste then stir everything until all the ingredients are combined with the spices.
For this recipe, you will use ground beef but any ground meat of your choice will still be fine, add the ground beef and break it up into their small pieces the stir fry until very golden brown and cooked through. You will then add in shredded cabbage, the vegetable part is options, if you want your spring rolls without the vegetables you can leave them out.
Also, add in shredded carrots and mix them into the ground beef then turn off the heat. If you are using vegetables in this recipe, you don’t want them to cook through during this process. Let them cool, off before you start to assemble. To easily make the rolls cover at home, you will start by mixing one tablespoon of all-purpose flour with a quarter of a cup of water and mix until you get a paste that you be using to glue the spring rolls.
To make the spring roll wrappers, mix half a teaspoon of salt and 200 grams of all-purpose flour and then pour in 300ml of water. Keep stir until well combined. Strain the batter to remove any lumps. Prepare a non-stick pan and a small brush. Heat your pan over the slowest fire and then quickly brush the batter on the pan to form around the skin. Slightly turn up the fire and heat the skin until white. Transfer to cool down aside.
Take the spring rolls wrappers and stuff the filling bt you do not want to overfill because it will break open when frying. Tightly roll the wrappers around the filling about one rotation then fold both edges over and then tightly roll it up. Rub the paste on the edges so that the spring rolls will not open when frying.
Deep fry the beef spring rolls in a 350 degreesFahrenheght oil until golden brown. Remove from oil ad drain on a paper towel, let them cool a little then serve warm.
- 1/2 Pound Beef
- 2 Tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 Onion small diced
- 2 scallion diced
- 1 Stock cube
- 1 Tsp chili pepper
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 3/4 Cup Cabbage shredded
- 3/4 Cup Carrots Shredded
- 1 Tsp Curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Enough Oil to fry
- Preheat the 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and saute the Onion and scallion until it’s translucent then add the Chili pepper, Black Pepper, Curry powder, salt to taste and the stock cube.
- Add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break it up into tiny pieces.
- Stir-fry until the meat is cooked through then add the shredded cabbage and carrots and turn off the heat to prevent the vegetables from turning soggy and leave it to cool before using it.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and water to make the paste and set that aside.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of filling to the spring roll sheet you can add a little more depending on the size of your sheets but don’t overfill it, else, it’s going to burst while frying it, then secure it with the paste and roll it up.
- Remember to cover both the rolled and unrolled sheets with a damp kitchen towel to prevent it from drying.
- Fry in a preheated Oil of about 350°F until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dip or sauce or eat as is.