These cinnamon rolls are super light and fluffy with a wonderful aroma of cinnamon slathered on top with a classic cream cheese frosting. The recipe is so simple and easy and it doesn’t require any hard to find the recipe. You will start with making the dough, add milk in a bowl then add in a room temperature egg, sugar and salt then soft butter. Add in yeast and start to mix everything together with a spatula, once everything is combined add in flour and combine until you form a shaggy massive dough then transfer the dough to a work surface and knead the dough.
A good thing about this dough is that is will come together very easily in about 4 to 5 minutes. The texture of the dough will change as you continue to knead the dough until you have a smooth dough. Once the dough is well kneaded, let it sit for 5 minutes and this is not for proofing the dough but to give time for the tendency dough to relax a bit. For the filling, mix together sugar and cinnamon powder then keep it aside.
Roll ten dough into a rectangle which is approximately 17 to 18 inches in length and 14vtp 15 inches in bread and a quarter and inch thick. Apply softened butter onto the sprinkle the cinnamon sugar generously on top of the butter. Roll the dough back into the shape of a cylinder. Grease your baking pan with butter then divide your dough int equal pieces. The closer they are in similar sizes the more even they will rise, you can use a sharp serrated knife to cut them into pieces.
Line the rolls into your baking dish and then proof the rolls for about an hour. Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes and after baking, you will have golden brown rolls ontop with that sticky caramelized sugar in the bottom. Cinnamon rolls will never be the same with the cream cheese frosting, top with your homemade cream cheese frosting.
To make the frosting, add softened butter and softened cream cheese in a bowl then add vanilla sugar or vanilla extract with a pinch of salt then beat until it pale and light in color. Add in powdered sugar and beat until silky smooth. Add the frosting on the rolls while still warm so the icing can melt into the cracks of the rolls making every bite full of gooey frosty deliciousness.
- 3 cups Flour 390 g
- 3/4 cup Warm milk 180 g
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter(softened) 57 g
- 1 Egg Room temperature
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sugar 32 g
- 1 1/4 Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast or Active dry yeast(1 1/4 tsp)
For the filling;
- 1/2 cup Soft Brown Sugar(tightly packed cup) 90 g
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (softened) 57 g
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
For cream cheese frosting;
- 2/3 cup Cream Cheese(room temperature) 3 ounce or 80 g
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter(softened) 43 g
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar 125 g
- To make the bread dough, you need to add our ingredients(Add the milk, egg, sugar, salt, butter, yeast, and flour ) into a bowl and mix everything together until you get a shaggy mass of dough.
- For the proper blending of all the ingredients, you need to keep all our ingredients at room temperature.
- Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes or until you get a soft and hydrated dough.
- If you follow the measurements in grams then your dough will be of consistency..but if you are using cup measurements the texture of the dough may differ slightly as cup measurements are not accurate.
- Flatten the surface of dough a bit and Let the dough sit on the counter for 5 minutes.
- Don’t forget to cover it with a bowl to make sure the dough will not get dry.
- This is not for proofing the dough. But this will prevent the tendency of the dough to rebound back while rolling.
Divide and shape the dough;
- Roll the dough into a rectangle of approximately 17-18 inches in length and 14-15 inches in breadth and 1/4 of an inch thickness.
- Smear the butter evenly on the sheet of dough. And then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar and spread it evenly.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder if 17-18 inches in length.
- Divide the rolls into 12 equal pieces.
- Place the rolls on a well-greased baking dish or a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the tray with a plastic film.
- Proof the rolls then let the rolls proof for 60 minutes or until they puff up nicely.
Bake the rolls;
- Bake the cinnamon rolls at 350F for 18-20 minutes.
- If you find the rolls getting browned on top too quickly, cover the top with an aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- After baking you will get soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls which are golden brown on top with that sticky caramelized sugar on the bottom adorned by that beautiful swirls of cinnamon sugar.
- The cinnamon rolls are feather-light and soft and fluffy and they taste delicious.
Cream cheese frosting;
- In a bowl add the softened cheese butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Thoroughly beat until they become light and pale yellow in color.
- Add the powdered sugar little by little and beat until you get silky smooth cream cheese frosting.
- Cinnamon rolls are not the same without that cream cheese frosting.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting while the rolls are still warm.
- This will make the frosting to melt into the cracks of rolls making every bite full of gooey frosted deliciousness.