These super soft sausage bread rolls are very easy to put together and bare best served for breakfast, dinner or as a snack. You will start by proofing your yeast in a large bowl add yeast and sugar together with warm milk. Leave it for about 5 minutes until the yeast is activated. For the dry ingredients add in your flour, salt, and sugar ten mixes together and set aside.
Once your yeast is activated, add to the dry ingredients together with melted butter and eggs. Use a spatula to start mixing until the wet ingredients are absorbed in the dry ingredients then place the dough on a floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes very smooth and elastic. This can take about 7 to 10 minutes and if you double up the quantity you may need more time kneading.
Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl then cover with a cling fling then let it rise for an hour to double. For your sausages, you can steam them in hot water for about 5 minutes then set aside to cool. Brush your baking tray with butter then flour it and that will help prevent the sausage bread from sticking to the pan while baking.
Once your dough has risen, transfer it to a work surface then divide the dough to ten equal parts then take each piece of dough and begin to roll it out into a slightly thick long rope. Roll the dough around the sausage one after the other until you are done with all the dough. Line them, spacing them really well into your baking tray then cover and let it rise again for about 30 minutes in a warm place.
Brush each piece with a generous amount of egg wash then bake in 350 degrees preheated oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown and well-cooked on the inside. While it’s cooing, rub more butter on top and this will help soften the crust and make it shinier. Give it a try and enjoy it.
- 2 Cups Bread flour plus about a handful for kneading
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 1/2 Tbs Yeast
- 2 Egg use 1 for egg wash
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk Warm
- 3 Tbsp Sugar Use 1 Tsp for proofing the Yeast
- 10 Hotdog links
- Dissolve the Yeast and Sugar in the warm milk
- In another bowl, combine the Butter and Eggs and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and sugar, make a well at the center and add the yeast and the Egg and
- Butter mixture and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until it’s smooth and elastic about 10 minutes by hand and about 7 minutes if using a mixer.
- Place the Dough inside a very large oiled bowl (making sure you smear some oil on the surface of the Dough) and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or till doubled in size.
- Steam the sausage in boiling water for about 7 minutes. Remove from water and set aside.
- Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, and roll it out into a rope long enough to wrap around the sausage about 3 times.
- Wrap the rolled dough around the sausage and place them on lightly greased and floured baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk up 1 Egg and together with a Tbsp of water and brush the surface of the Bread rolls then place in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown. Enjoy