The recipe for cajun chicken drumsticks is crazy popular probably because it’s super easy to make and it produces the most flavourful chicken drumsticks that you are going to love. Lightly grease a baking sheet and preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit then layout 8 to 10 chicken drumstick and set it to the side and start preparing the cajun seasoning.
You will need about ten seasonings in a small bowl, starting with paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, dried them, black pepper, white pepper, and cayenne for that little bit of a kick. Stir the seasoning together then sprinkle them over the drumsticks, pat the seasoning on them then turn them over to the other side and season it as well.
The key to a good chicken drumstick is the crispy skin, so once you have all the drumsticks seasoned, grab some butter and slice off little half a tablespoon slices and place them on top of each drumstick. This will melt as the chicken is cooking and gives it the crispiest skin.
Roast this drumstick in 400 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, this will take around 30 to 40 minutes. If your drumsticks are bigger, this will take around 50 to 55 minutes.
- 10 drumsticks
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices for cajun seasoning. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a jelly roll pan with nonstick spray. Line up drumsticks on the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasoning on both sides. Leave the side with the most meat and skin facing up.
- Put a dab of about 1/2 tablespoon butter on the top of each drumstick, on the part that is most meaty. The butter will melt all over the meat and skin, keeping the meat juicy, and making the skin crispy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.