Vegetable fried rice is my favorite Chinese dish and it can be made very quickly in fact if you have boiled riced at home then it’s just a matter of minutes before this dish becomes ready. First, heat up your pan and for the perfect vegetable rice, your pan has to be on high heat so you can quickly stir fry and cook the rice in it.
If you cook the rice for a long time in the pan, the rice will break. Add oil in the pan and make sure the oil reaches every surface of the pan then add minced garlic to the pan and sauteed without browning it, add finely chopped onions then add ginger and a little green chili then stir it and don’t let it brown, just a little quick stir fry.
You will then start adding the vegetables starting with finely chopped carrots, finely chopped cabbage, finely chopped beans then give to a quick stir. Fried rice has loads of recipes and there cannot be one correct recipe for this dish. Quickly stir fry everything for about a minute, you don’t really want to cook the vegetable s because you want them crunchy, as the rice is soft, the vegetable should have a good crunch.
Add finely chopped red capsicum, finely chopped yellow capsicum and both of these are optional to this dish. Add some green peas and let it cook for a few minutes, another tip to this dish is if you add soy sauce to the fried rice, add it on the rice and not the vegetables, the vegetables should not have a dark color.
Boil about two cups of rice just until cooked then add to the vegetables then add a pinch of salt and black pepper, soy sauce and a touch of vinegar. Toss everything together then add a little water just to produce the steam and with your heat on high, toss them and cook for about three minutes. Towards the end, add chopped spring onions and give it a final toss. Serve it immediately and enjoy it.
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped – 2 tbsp
- Green chilly chopped – ½no
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cabbage chopped – 2 tbsp
- Red capsicum (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Garlic chopped – 1 tsp
- Carrots chopped – 2 tbsp
- Beans chopped – 2 tbsp
- Yellow capsicum (optional) – 1 tbsp Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Heat a pan on high heat. Add oil and swirl the pan.
- Add garlic and toss. Without letting the garlic to brown add onion, ginger and green chilly.
- Toss them for a minute and add all the veggies.
- Toss them for a minute and add boiled rice.
- On top of the rice add a pinch of salt, pepper, soya sauce, vinegar and a dash of water.
- Toss the rice gently till all of the soya sauce is evenly mixed.
- Add chopped spring onion and give a toss and remove from heat and serve.