This sriracha glazed chicken is sweet, spicy and tangy. It has pretty much everything that you can love in a chicken. A blend of honey, sriracha chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, and garlic makes a splendid combo that keeps our chicken extra tender and succulent.
Depending with which part of the chicken you are preparing this honey siracha chicken with, if you are using chicken thighs, make sure you trim off excess fat or skin. You don’t need excess fat when preparing this meal. The fat from the skin when it’s cooking on the grill is going to drip and cause flare-ups. So, you help prevent some of those by trimming the skin off.
The honey and sriracha make the most amazing combination of spicy and sweet. Garlic gives just the right kick. Lime juice adds the perfect tang for that sweet and sour flavor. Soy sauce gives that umami hidden dimension The first thing you need is your soy sauce, vinegar which s going to add the tanginess, grated ginger, brown sugar, sriracha and two tablespoons of vegetable oil then mix all that then add your chicken into that marinade. Marinate your chicken for 30 minutes coating them halfway through, the best way to prepare this chicken is to create everything in the morning and let it marinate in the refrigerator until evening. In the meantime, you can start to prepare your rice since the hiney siracha chicken goes well with rice.
Start by breaking up the cauliflower into florets then add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse it until cauliflower starts to resemble rice. Add the cauliflower rice to a skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes, or until tender.
- chicken thighs
- 1 knob ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the garnish;
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), grill or broiler mode. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Arrange chicken thighs into the skillet, skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, until the skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn the chicken, otherwise, it will taste bitter.
- Meanwhile, prepare the marinade: in a shallow dish or large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Transfer chicken into the marinade and coat well on each side. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken into an oven-proof skillet or a rimmed baking dish, skin side up.
- Cook in the bottom of the oven for 20-25 minutes on grill or broiler, until skin crisps and meat, is cooked through.
- Rub the skin with a little of the remaining marinade after 15 minutes of cooking.
- Allow resting covered for 5 minutes before serving, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.