This is a recipe for soft, fluffy, moist, and super easy homemade vanilla mini cakes. This butter cake is delicious, make them in mini cake molds or in a big baking tin and enjoy with coffee, chocolate, or milk. Start by mixing all the dry ingredients, in a large mixing bowl, and add all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt to balance the flavors. Mix the dry ingredients then set them aside.
Preheat your oven to 165 degrees Celcius. In the second bowl. add room temperature unsalted butter together with vegetable oil( If you don’t want to use oil you can substitute it with butter of the same amount.). Add white caster sugar together with vanilla sugar then with an electric whisk, beat the ingredients together for 3 to 5 minutes to obtain a fluffy, light-colored mixture.
Add 3 eggs one by one and beat each egg after each addition, once all the eggs have been incorporated beat for 2 to 3 more minutes at medium speed. Bring the dry ingredients and sift into the wet ingredients in three additions alternating with 40 ml of warm milk and beat with a hand mixer at low speed or use a spatula to mix it in.
Make sure everything is incorporated and the butter is smooth with no lumps. Prepare your molds by greasing and lining them with parchment paper. You can also use a baking tin 25cm long by 13cm wide and 6cm high. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smoothen the top.
Bake in the preheated 165C oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until browned and your kitchen smells delicious. Once baked, let it rest in the mold for 5 minutes then remove onto a wire rack and let it cool for about 30 minutes and serve.
- 120 gr/ 4.2Oz of All Purpose Wheat Flour (1 Cup – 1 1/2 tbsp).
- 30 gr/ 1.05Oz of Cornstarch, powdered milk, or more flour (3 1/2 Tbsp).
- 4 gr of Baking Powder (1 1/8 tsp).
- 3 Eggs
- 110 gr/ 3.9Oz of unsalted butter (1 Stick + 1 Tbsp).
- 40ml of neutral vegetable oil (4 Tbsp or 40 grams more of butter).
- 140 gr/ 4.9Oz of Sugar (3/4 of Cup- 1 Tbsp) + 10 gr of vanilla sugar (1 Tbsp) or 150 gr of sugar+ 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence (3/4 Cup).
- 40 ml of Milk (4 Tbsp).
- 1/4 tsp salt