Sometimes you need to make a dessert for a barbeque, a birthday or a summer occasion and the last thing you want to do on a hot day is turn on your oven. That’s why this no-bake key lime cheesecake is the best to keep your kitchen cool and it’s also very delicious. Crush graham crackers in a food processor or a resealable bag and a rolling pian. Place it in a bowl then add sugar and salt and give that a quick whisk to combine then add melted unsalted butter then mix until it is the texture of wet crumbs.
Dump it into your 9inch springform pan and tamp the trust in until they are evenly layered in the pan. Place it in the fridge to firm for about 15 minutes. To make the feeling, add cream cheese in your stand mixer then to that add, one can of sweetened condensed milk and mix them together for about 5 minutes, you want it really fluffy.
For the whipped cream, add one cup of heavy cream in a bowl then whisk it until its stiff peaks. To add some flavors to the mixture, you will add a cup of key lime juice to and grated zest and then the vanilla extract. Mix that again until everything is combined. Fold in the whipped cream and you don’t want to overdo it but you want to make sure you that you don’t have any bites of whipped cream in there.
Take your chilled crust and pour it into the pan and that is going to chill for at least 12 hours and up to 3 days. This is one of those desserts that really gets better with time because of the whipped cream, in the mixture makes it really beautiful which is exactly what you want in the summer. Spread it out nice and even then wrap it with a plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge.
After chilling, to remove it from the pan, run a knife on the edges then open the ring of the springform pan. Slice nice little thin pinwheels of the key lime and scatter them on top of each other on your no-bake lemon cheesecake. Everyone needs to have a summer dessert and this is none of them. Slice your cake and enjoy it.
- 1 cup finely ground graham crackers (from 9 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup fresh Key lime juice, plus 2 teaspoons grated zest (from 16 limes), and thinly sliced lime rounds for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- Whisk together cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter until mixture resembles wet sand and holds together when squeezed.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze until firm, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and condensed milk on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, zest, and vanilla. Beat 1 minute more.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cream-cheese mixture. Pour over chilled crust; smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 12 hours and up to 3 days.
- Run a knife along cake’s edge before releasing sides of the pan, then under the bottom to loosen.
- Serve, garnished with lime rounds.