Caramel custard cake is really easy to make and a very impressive dessert. Start with caramelizing half a cup of sugar in a saucepan and once it turns into golden brown remove from the heat and pours it to a ceramic baking tin. Immediately pour the sugar into it so doesn’t get crystalized. Make sure you spread the caramelized sugar across the tin and set it aside. In another saucepan, you will pour two cups of boiled milk which has then cooled to room temparature.
To that add a quarter cup of sugar and with the help of a spoon stir until the sugar dissolves then bring t to a boil and remove from the heat. Break 3 eggs in another bowl and whisk the eggs nicely just until you get a homogenous mixture. Add in two teaspoons of vanilla extract and add in the milk mixture and mix them until everything blends in well. Pour the mixture to the caramelized tin and sprinkle some nutmeg powder on top, the nutmeg is optional and you can skip it if you don’t want it.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius for ten minutes the pour in water in a water bath with the cake tin in until almost halfway. Bake the caramel custard for 45 to 60 minutes just make sure you keep an eye on the cake after the 45th minute. Once baked, let them cool down then refrigerate them for about an hour to chill.
To remove them from the tin, run a knife through the inside of the tin and then invert them on your dessert plate and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 2 cups – Boiled Milk
- 1/4 cup – Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp – Vanilla Essence
- Nutmeg Powder
- Hot Water
- In a saucepan add sugar, and caramelize it.
- Add the syrup to the bowl immediately.
- Make sure the caramelized sugar is spread on all sides of the bowl.
- Keep it aside to set for a while.
- In another saucepan, add milk, sugar, and stir it until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, remove it and keep it aside to cool down.
- In another bowl add eggs and whisk them. Add vanilla essence and once it gets mixed with the eggs add in the milk mixture.
- Mix the mixture until everything blends well.
- Pour the mixture into the syrup bowls and sprinkle some nutmeg powder.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water into the cake tin until the bowls are filled halfway through.
- Bake it for 45-60 minutes at 180°C.
- Let them cool down and then refrigerate it for an hour to chill.
- Once they’re done chilling de-mold them and invert them on a dessert plate.