These butter rolls are something like the crescent rolls but they are soft and buttery, you can serve it with jam and butter or just eat it plain. In a mixing bowl, add in yeast, sugar, melted butter, and eggs followed by the dry ingredients that are bread flour, plain flour, and salt then using the hook attachment of the stand mixer, mix everything together until it forms a dough.
Turn the mixer on speed 4 and knead the dough for about 10 minutes, be sure to let the mixer rest in between to avoid overheating. Once your dough is smooth and elastic, stop kneading then oil a large bowl and place the dough, cover it with a plastic wrap and let it proof for an hour. After an hour, knock out the air and transfer the dough onto a floured surface then roll the dough to about 20 inches round shape.
The trick to rolling the dough into a round shape is to roll it in every direction. Use a pizza cutter and cut the dough into about 12 to 16 triangles then roll each piece into a round shape and transfer the rolled dough into a greased baking tray or if you have a large round baking tin you will butter it then place the dough in it.
Cover and let the dough proof again for about one and a half hours then brush them with egg wash then bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 300 grams (2 1/4 cup) of bread flour
- 100 grams (7/8 cup) of plain flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 2 ½ tsp. of instant yeast
- 4 tbsp. of fine white sugar
- 250 ml of warm milk
- 70 grams of melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Egg wash
- 1 egg and 1 tbsp. of milk
- In a large mixing bowl, first add in warm milk, yeast, sugar, melted butter, and egg. Followed by dry ingredients, bread flour, plain flour, and salt.
- Using the dough attachment of your mixer, mix everything together until it forms into a dough.
- Then turn your mixer to speed 4 and knead for about 10 minutes. Be sure to let your mixer rest in between to avoid overheating.
- Once your dough has become smooth and elastic, stop kneading and let it proof in a large greased bowl for an hour.
- After an hour, knock out all the air and transfer the dough onto a floured surface. Roll the dough to about 20 inch round shape.
- Use a pizza roller and cut out 16 triangles.
- Roll each of them up to form the pretty rolled shape. Pinch the end to make sure it is secured.
- Transfer them into greased pans.
- Let it proof for the second time for one and the half-hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced, gently brush them with egg wash, and bake it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve. You may spread some jam or butter, make it into a sandwich, or even eat it plain.