This muffin is best served for breakfast or as a snack accompanied by tea or coffee. Start off by sifting your flour along with yeast and a pinch of salt then set it aside. Put eggs in the mixer bowl and beat them on high speed until it forms a creamy consistency.
Gradually start adding condensed milk until completely integrated then add oil and vanilla extract while still beating on low speed. Add orange zest and continue to beat a little mote until its perfectly mixed. Once everything is well mixed in, start adding the flour mixture in batches with the mixer on low speed, you can also do this by hand by folding the mixture into the batter so that you can introduce air into the batter until you have a homogenous mixture without lumps.
Cover the batter with a cling fling and let it sit in the fridge for one to two hours or overnight so you can just bake them for breakfast.
Once chilled, your batter will be thickened so you will mix a little then pour to the cupcake liners about three-quarter way full then bake them for 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Let your cake cool for about 5 minutes once they are out of the oven then place on a wire rack to cool off completely.
- 210gr of all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope of yeast or baking powder (14gr approx.)
- 150ml of sunflower oil
- 400gr of condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- The zest of a large orange –
- 1 tsp of extract or essence of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- To start we sift the flour together with the yeast and salt and reserve it until we are going to use it.
- Next, we put the eggs in the mixer bowl and beat them at high speed until they have doubled or tripled their volume and have a creamy consistency.
- Once ready and without stopping beating, gradually add the condensed milk.
- When it has completely mixed with the eggs, add the oil, then the vanilla and the orange zest and continue beating until they are completely integrated.
- Finally, we add the dry ingredients little by little, in two or three times mixing by hand with some rods, so the mixture will not lose the air that we have introduced when whisking the eggs and we will have much more fluffy muffins.
- Once ready, we cover the mixture with transparent film and take it to the fridge where we will let it rest for at least 1-2h. Or you can even leave it overnight and bake the muffins in the morning, so you will have them freshly made for breakfast.
- After this time the mixture will have thickened, so we remove it a little to make it more fluid and distribute it in cupcake capsules trying not to exceed 3/4 of its capacity.
- Once ready we put a little sugar on each cupcake and take them to the preheated oven at 200 ° C for 15min. approx.
- When they are done, let them cool 5min in the mold and then place them on a rack so that they finish cooling.
- And that easy we will have ready some delicious condensed milk and orange muffins, now we only have to prepare a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy this delicious snack.