Butter chicken is one of those gems that we end up ordering in a restaurant every time you place an order but its time to make our butter chicken at home. There are two components to this recipe, one is the butter chicken which is the chicken which will marinate and the second one is the gravy. So first let’s begin with the chicken, have some chunks of chicken in a bowl then add some garlic paste, ginger paste chili powder, and salt.
Give it a nice mix and then marinate the chicken pieces for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the chicken has marinated, its time to start frying them. Place a skillet on your source of heat and add oil, let that heat up to medium hot the start frying the chicken pieces. Once the chicken is well fried, transfer it to another bowl.
This recipe has many reasons to be my favorite because of the wonderful taste and because it is made in the same pot. To continue, chop your onions into tiny pieces then add them on your pan with a little oil. Since this is butter chicken, go ahead and add in a spoonful of butter and let that cook until almost golden brown. Add your cut tomatoes and along with that add some cashew nuts and let that mix evenly then add some water, garlic paste, salt, vinegar, some sugar, graham masala powder, and some red chili.
Evenly mix that and let the mixture simmer for about 20 minutes until everything becomes nice and mushy so you can unit into a mixer of a fine paste. Once the mixture is nice and soft, turn off the heat and transfer that to another container, that container is where you are going to use a hand blender and turn it into a fine puree.
Blend that into a fine pulp then strain that into the same pan and then reheat the gravy and add in the butter, cream then your chicken. Let the gravy simmer for around ten minutes and your butter chicken will be done and ready to serve. Serve your butter chicken with rice then drizzle some cream on top.
- 300 gms Chicken breast boneless
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to pan fry
For the gravy;
- 500 gms roughly slit tomatoes
- 100 gms roughly cut onions
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 50 gms cashew
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar / 1.5 tbsp White Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, and salt and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- In a pan heat, some oil then fries the marinated chicken pieces in it, once done place it into a bowl.
- In the same pan add onion, oil, a spoonful of butter and once the onions are cooked add tomatoes and cashew nuts
- Add some water and garlic paste, salt, malt vinegar, sugar, garam masala powder, and chili powder.
- Evenly mix it and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Churn the mixture into a fine puree.
- Strain it back into the same pan make sure there is minimal wastage.
- Add butter, cream, chicken, and methi and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish it with cream
- Butter Chicken is ready to be served.